MAPCITE in Financial Services
MAPCITE develops Location Intelligence applications that enable our customers to visualise and gain substantially greater insight from their data. MAPCITE applications have been designed to be simple to use, highly innovative and deliver the highest quality user experience. MAPCITE applications put the ability to analyse geographic data in the hands of highly qualified and ordinary users alike. In the Finance sector MAPCITE tools and applications are used globally by organisations such as Barclays Bank, Lloyds Bank, Wells Fargo, Fannie Mae, Visa and MasterCard.
Typical User Environments: Within our financial services clients, MAPCITE applications are deployed across many bank departments, including: Marketing Insight, Business Intelligence, Transactional Analytics, Credit/Debit Card Operations, Offers/Loyalty, Fraud, Anti Money Laundering, Branch Optimisation and Planning.
Deployment: Most MAPCITE financial services customers deploy their applications within the data centre. Security levels and usage rights are generally managed through Active Directory services at a local administrator level.
Benefits from using MAPCITE: A number of common problems have been solved easily by using MAPCITE technology. Many involve the visualisation of Big Data and also the ability to deploy to the end user so they can drive the results from their local data. Examples include:
- New Product Launch: Visualising the marketing effects both during and post launch of a new payment application. The Marketing department now uses the application to understand the effectiveness of campaigns and where to place future investment.
- White Labelled Loyalty: The MAPCITE application is used to help a UK Bank’s retail customers understand who uses their payment cards, where they are being used and with which competitors. This innovative use carries considerable weight during the on-boarding of new retailers and reducing loss at renegotiation.
- Transactional Analytics & Big Data: MAPCITE enabled a Global Bank to map many subsets of their customer data. The technology enables the ability to filter, in real time, very large datasets. This has led to a vastly increased understanding of certain demographics such as age, race, risk profiles and income. This is driving strategic transformational change in areas such as how Liquidity Balances are viewed.
- Anti-Money Laundering: Working with a Global top 3 Management Consultancy, MAPCITE is being used to visualise the drop points of suspect cash transactions as they move around the world.
- Offers and Loyalty: The UK’s leading retail bank has adopted the highly innovative Location Based Offers system developed by MAPCITE. This application is being rolled out as a component of their mPOS (Mobile Point of Sale) system. The application enables the consumer to search, on their mobile, for local relevant offers. The merchant/retailer has the ability to make immediate real time offers back to the consumer, if in the correct location. The system enables both consumer and retailer/merchant to plan their activities and in multiple locations.